Every homeowner has the responsibility to maintain the entirety of the house. Every once in a while, parts of your home such as siding, doors, and windows in Ocean County NJ should be inspected. One important component that you need to pay attention to is the roof. It is your primary defense against the harsh elements of nature. It can do its job better if it is at its best condition, that’s why you need to have it maintained and repaired.
To ensure your roof is in top condition, here are some maintenance and repair tips you can follow:
- Schedule an inspection every three to five years.
- Check for signs of buckling. This usually happens to shingles.
- Clean the valleys of your roof, as this is where debris usually accumulates. When neglected, it leads to clamming and leaks.
- Check your drainpipe after heavy downpours. Unclog them regularly to avoid jamming.
- Inspect your chimney’s flashing. If it’s already damaged or misplaced, replace it with a weather-proof sealant instead.
- Make sure the shingles, tiles or shakes are always complete. If some are missing, you might need your roof replaced.
- Have a professional roofer conduct a thorough assessment.
We at All County Exteriors have been in the home improvement industry for over three decades. We also offer other home improvement services like repairs, installation of sunrooms, siding, doors, and windows replacement in Ocean County NJ and other neighboring vicinities.
We guarantee you that each of our services is supported by industry-leading warranties from manufacturers like GAF. We ranked #38 in Remodeling Magazine’s 2013 Remodeling 550: Replacement Contractors category in the whole US. We have an A+ rating from Better Business Bureau and we’re certified Guild Master.
Browse through our website to know more about our products and services. If you need assistance for roofing and other home improvement jobs, just give us a call at (732) 370-2780.