Installing new window treatments is a quick and easy way to liven up your kitchen simply because there are always an abundance of options to choose from. From blinds to shutters – it can be difficult deciding on the perfect window treatments for your home’s personality. Keep reading to learn about stylish window treatments perfect for your kitchen.
- Window Valances. If you are looking to let a good bit of sun shine through in the morning, this is a good option for you. Valances hang at the upper part of the window so they provide more decoration than privacy; however, you can always pair valances with a set of curtains or blinds, as well. This window treatment is extremely versatile because there are so many fabrics, colors and patterns to choose from.
- Roman Shades. These are a great choice for those who value their privacy while eating. Roman shades come in a variety of light filtering and darkening options, but can easily be opened without leaving your window looking lumpy. Roman shades fold neatly and sleek as opposed to traditional shades.
- Bamboo Blinds. If you are in search of a durable, long-lasting window treatment, bamboo blinds are the choice for you. Bamboo is one of the sturdiest materials that you can find in nature, resulting in a very small chance that you will have to repair and replace broken blinds. In addition, bamboo is exceptionally low-maintenance, meaning you won’t have a difficult and tedious time cleaning them. Incline Village, NV interior decorator Kristen Fencl recommends bamboo blinds because they are eco-friendly and they look stunning in a kitchen.
- Plantation Shutters. While “traditional” shutters are more geared to exterior windows, plantation shutters are perfect for the interior of your kitchen windows. One benefit of this window treatment is that you can control the amount of air flow entering the room by adjusting the shutters, or louvers – and they also do a great job of creating cooling shade since you can control the amount of light that is let in, also.
- Roller Shades. This is a foolproof classic option for the kitchen. Similar to Roman shades, roller shades are offered in a wide variety of light filtering and darkening options, including blackout roller shades, which are able to reduce the majority of light from entering the room. There is also a large selection of motorized roller shades, which allow you easily raise or lower the shades with the convenience of a remote.
Follow these stylish window treatment ideas to revamp your kitchen. For more kitchen decorating and design tips, reach out to the professionals at All County Exteriors.